Tuesday, February 27, 2007

One step forward, two steps back

Recent developments: the first 25 pages of one book finaled in another contest, and will be judged by an editor. Yea.

However, another book, the one my agent sent out... got its first rejection. Ouch.

Supposed to have a 1/2 day shoot for a commercial tomorrow. Interestingly, I didn't have to audition, just e-mailed my headshot/resume as requested. Then, via e-mail, was asked for a few more pics so they could assess my "look," and told they'd call Friday afternoon to discuss. I didn't get a call, so I assumed they didn't like the additional pictures. But Saturday morning, I had another e-mail that I was cast and would receive info when I responded. Which I did. Have not yet received copy or shoot details...hmmm.

As someone who prefers plans to sponteneity, this is a bit stressful....

And remember that VO job I bid on...? On 2/21 the contact said the person chosen would be notified in a few days. No notification for me. Sigh. I'll never know how many people I was up against, if they ultimately didn't like my voice/interpretation of the copy or if my bid was too high.

No comments: