Thursday, February 09, 2006

Web World

Creating a good web site involves a lot more work than one might think. From colors to mood to content, bunches of decisions need to be made in advance. After frustrating, time consuming attempts to create a free site on my own, the results were nothing like I wanted. I couldn't even figure out how to change some of the template copy. Finally, I gave up. I want to spend my time writing the content for the pages, not doing the technical work. So the designer hunt began. I visited dozens of author web sites and viewed the designers' portfolios. I studied how the sites were arranged. I chose xuni.com... we got along great via e-mail and she agreed to do my site. Construction is under way! Looking forward to creating a visually interesting, content-rich site.

No comments: