Monday, September 18, 2006

It's a Small World...

Had an audition today at a production studio in the suburbs. When I got there, I discovered that one of the owners had recognized my name and wanted to see me. What a surprise. He had directed a cable comedy news program I co-anchored when I was in grad school---twenty two years ago. Not only that, but an 8x10 picture of the show's entire cast and crew, with me sitting at the news desk, and him standing in front of it, has been on his office wall all this time. I'd also known his wife, a producer of the project I was auditioning for.

Will "it's who you know" help me get the gig? Or was I too stunned by this blast from the past and auditioning for someone I hadn't seen in over twenty years to focus properly?

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Maria Geraci said...

Good luck, Ruth!