Monday, June 05, 2006

When one door closes?

Went to see The Break-Up Saturday. Faithful readers may recall that last July/August I spent several days riding up and down Michigan Avenue on Vince Vaughn's tour bus, and then returned in March to be an extra in the final scene. Well. That bus scene is not in the movie. AT ALL. And, the credits start to roll before Jennifer A reaches the corner I'm standing on. Sigh.
Now I await the DVD release date to see if the deleted scenes include the one I worked on.

The scene is funny... Vince as Gary gives his tour of Chicago, talking about Mrs. O'Leary's cow and the Water Tower. Then he launches into a discourse about his ex-girlfriend (Jennfer as Brooke). After a few takes, his improvisations made it hard not to laugh.

On the other hand, yesterday I got hired to work on a documentary. One day for sure with at least one more day likely.

Today's motto: don't put all your eggs in one basket.

No comments: