Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Homeless Washerwoman Lives On

Waiting is an inevitable part of the acting (and writing) worlds. You wait to find out if you've gotten a part you auditioned for. You wait for agents to send you on auditions. You wait for your paychecks. When you're an extra, you wait to see if your scene made it into the final film. If not, you wait even longer to see if it shows up in the DVD's deleted scenes.

In November, 2005, I won an online fan auction and travelled to Lithuania to be a featured extra in Highlander 5: The Source. I had to wait almost 2 years to see if my scene made it in.

In mid-September 2007, the movie finally came out as a SciFi Original. I watched with baited breath. Yes! About 10 minutes in, there is a shot of just me walking away from the new villain, The Guardian.

But what became of the rest of the shots we did, and the interviews I'd done for "the making of" featurette? I had to wait until the DVD just came out a couple of weeks ago. No interviews appeared, which is probably for the best...I was so excited to be there I have no idea what I said. About 52 and a half minutes into the special feature on the making of the movie, lo and behold! There are several shots of me and my three fellow homeless compatriots. And you can see the shot during the entrance of Zai, another character new to the Highlander universe.

For readers who want to know more, my Set Visit Report is still on the Highlander Worldwide Web site.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Yay!

Kelli Estes said...

That's so cool, Ruth! I'll add the DVD to my Netflix list!

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Congrats, Ruth! I can only imagine how surreal that must be to see yourself on tv, although by now you're no doubt used to it. SO cool! :-)

Erin said...

Better late than never...I still think this is so cool. As a fan of the t.v. show I was extra excited to hear you were an extra in it.