Thursday, August 23, 2007

No Angelina for Me

I did get to work on the movie Wanted. With James McAvoy, who was in The Chronicles of Narnia and The Last King of Scotland. Not Angelina Jolie. Apparently, she had wrapped the day before. A suburban night shoot, in a grocery store, from 6pm to 1am. I knew four of the other extras, so catching up with them was fun. I am definitely "in the camera"..but of course it's all in the editing.

Today I'll be taping what's called an Actor Slate for one of the online audition services I'm registered with. It's to show casting directors what I look and sound like and for them to get a sense of my personality. I'll be interviewed for around 20 minutes, which will be edited into a minute. Stay tuned to see if it helps me get any auditions or jobs.

And I signed up for a second voiceover audition site. To be competitive there I'll need a fourth demo: narration. I have a tendency to talk fast, and my voice isn't as deep or husky as a lot of narrators, so I consider this the area that needs most improvement.

Who said, 'to make money you have to spend money'?

Writing wise: finishing an article for the national romance writer magazine. Almost done with the significant revisions my agent requested on my latest novel. A new challenge, because as I go I'm second guessing myself. I keep pulling out of the story and thinking, "Is this what she asked for? What if she doesn't like this new scene?" Will endeavor to turn these thoughts around, to "Aha. She's going to LOVE this!"

No comments: