Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

This season can be stressful for feelancers who worry that work will dry up and/or wonder when the next project will show up.  From today through Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year's Eve and into the first week of January, social events and days off abound. 

For me, all the holiday hooplah can mean fewer auditions and jobs.  If agents, clients and other industry professionals aren't working, chances are I'm not, either.  So far one client has said there should be work in December, but until I'm officially booked...

Since it's Thanksgiving, I won't think about the weeks to come.  I'll enjoy a great meal and ponder the top 10 things I'm thankful and grateful for:

1) Family & friends to share time, and laughter experiences with, and who believe in and encourage me
2) Overall good health
3) A nice roof over my head in a great neighborhood in an amazing city
4) Cultural activities from theatre to movies
5) Opportunities to pursue my dreams and goals
6) Modern technology, from computers to my cell phone, iPad, car and washer/dryer
7) Hope
8) The acting and writing communities
9) Books and TV
10) That I'm not cooking today.

No comments: