Friday, August 31, 2007

Extra, Extra

FOUR days of extra work, the most ever in a row for me. Two were for an Aquafina commercial starring Lou Piniella, a Cubs player and I think someone from the Milwaukee Brewers. I did this one for the $, not love of baseball. Spent from 7:30AM to 6:00PM at Joliet's baseball stadium. Knew assorted fellow extras. Despite frequent application of 55 SPF, some sunburn. We were assigned various reactions to the action on the field.
The next day, we went to Wrigley Field and repeated what we did the day before... moving from section to section, even the upper deck and skyboxes. VERY hot, even with an umbrella between takes. Fortunately, only from 7:00AM-Noon.

The next two days, spent thirteen hours each waiting to be called to the set of a major motion picture. Basically got paid to talked with friends old and new, eat, check e-mail, read. However, the reason I do extra work is to see actors/directors in action. Not to sit around.

These were the 54th and 55th projects I've worked on. Have I had enough of being an extra? Time will tell.

No comments: